What is Reformer Pilates?
Reformer Pilates is controlled by a pulley system controlled by a choice of 5 springs as resistance. A full body workout out can be completed on the Reformer. The springs are attached to a carriage which runs up and down the length of the Reformer. Exercises can be performed; standing, kneeling, lying, and on “hand and knees”. When using less springs the deep core muscles are targeted quickly, while the more springs that are used the bigger more superficial muscles are targeted. The reformer is elevated off the ground so it is easy to get onto if you have mobility issues. The reformer is very versatile, it suits all abilities of fitness and mobility and helps target specific areas people want to work.
Benefits of the Reformers
- Helps improve flexibility
- Improves strength
- Its up off the floor so can be good for people with mobility issues
- Works the whole body
- Can work on aerobic fitness with help of ‘The Jumpboard’
- Helps improve coordination
- Improves Posture
- Safe during pregnancy
- Helps improve mobility and can be great pre and/or post surgery
- Improves balance (depending on exercises worked on)
Reformer sessions at Laura’s Pilates & Injury Therapy
What you need to know;
- Duration; 45 mins
- Pricing; Depending on which class packages you invest in 1, 4 or 10 sessions.
- What do I wear; Comfortable clothing, layers are best & clean socks please 😉
- Equipment; We supply
- What equipment; Optional to add on The Jumpboard
- Location; Premises in Lahinch
- Payment; Cash, Cheque, Bank Transfer or Online